|The Lyndhurst Police Emergency accepts new members as probationary members under the following terms and duties:
- You must be at least 18 years old and have been a licensed driver in the US for a minimum of one full year. Provisional Licenses will not be accepted.
- You must be able to read, write and speak English Fluently.
- You must successfully pass a background check, physical exam and drug test.
- Members that live at a distance greater than 1.5 miles from squad headquarters must make arrangements to remain within the township during their assigned duty time.
- The duty hours are weekdays evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. the following day each member is assigned one 12 hour shift per week.
- Weekend and selected holidays are from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. the following day – a 24 hour shift.
- The weekend assignments are based on a pre-arranged rotation schedule.
- The total number of assigned hours per month may be between 72 and 96 hours depending on monthly rotation.
- There are other requirements, such as training, equipment usage, and additional responsibilities which will be discussed at the time of your interview.
- The Lyndhurst Police Emergency Squad reserves the right to deny membership to whomever it feels will not adequately represent, or fulfill, the mission of the organization.
If for some reason you cannot fulfill these requirements, we give our regrets but appreciate your interest in this organization.